[RC5] Problem with buffer limmits.

William Scott Lockwood III scottlockwood at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 23 09:29:28 EDT 1999

Are we going to do something about these buffer limits anytime soon?

I'm leaving for the weekend - My new Athlon 500 will run out of blocks in
about 24 hours, and will crunch lots of random blocks after that - some of
which I may not get credit for if lots of other people have generated the same
random blocks.  This has happened to me before.  I once got an e-mail from
D.Net about it.  They seemed to think I was spamming the keyserver - NOT!

Haven't we proved yet that with faster and faster CPU's, the block limits just
plain don't make sense?  We should AT LEAST double them for people with
PII/III and Athlon CPU's!

Scott

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net