[RC5] Problem with buffer limmits.

Fred Vlijmincx fred.vlijmincx at iaehv.nl
Tue Oct 26 20:47:53 EDT 1999

William Scott Lockwood III wrote:

> Are we going to do something about these buffer limits anytime soon?
>
> I'm leaving for the weekend - My new Athlon 500 will run out of blocks in
> about 24 hours, and will crunch lots of random blocks after that - some of
> which I may not get credit for if lots of other people have generated the same
> random blocks.  This has happened to me before.  I once got an e-mail from
> D.Net about it.  They seemed to think I was spamming the keyserver - NOT!
>
> Haven't we proved yet that with faster and faster CPU's, the block limits just
> plain don't make sense?  We should AT LEAST double them for people with
> PII/III and Athlon CPU's!
>
> Scott

Whooah , what is this , a magic CPU..
i do about 100 32*2^28 blocks a day <<<  DAY
this i do with :
dual PIII 500
mono Celron 466 oc to 526
mono Pentium II 350
mono Pentium II 266
mono pentium I 133

and this Athlon does more then that  ????

--
Fred Vlijmincx   mailto:Vlijmin at iaehv.nl  ftp://212.61.1.12
| Linux Reg.User 106289                                          |

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net