[RC5] Problem with buffer limmits.

ENOJON at delphi.com ENOJON at delphi.com
Tue Oct 26 17:36:27 EDT 1999

<<
Haven't we proved yet that with faster and faster CPU's, the block limits just
plain don't make sense?  We should AT LEAST double them for people with
PII/III and Athlon CPU's!

Scott

Why not just grab 500 blocks, rename the buffer, fetch 500 more, import,
rename, grab 500 more blocks, import from renamed file, then watch.

I'm not encourage a "cheat" but there are so many loopholes...
feetcfetch at distributed.netb being another.
download the blocks to a subdir of your main rc5 client dir, then
import into buffer.  the client 's buffer files can theoretically hold
the max size of hard ddrive less the correspond amount of space for buff-out
and program size for rc5 client +  supporting operating system. or the max
file size limit, whichever comes first.  However, I think d-net has some
constraints built into the proxy servers so that no one email can request
the entire keyspace.

Or do they?
mj

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net