[RC5] Problem with buffer limmits.

Ben Ketteridge ben.ketteridge at proact.net
Wed Oct 27 10:07:20 EDT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: William Scott Lockwood III <scottlockwood at hotmail.com>
Subject: [RC5] Problem with buffer limmits.

> I'm leaving for the weekend - My new Athlon 500 will run out of blocks in
> about 24 hours, and will crunch lots of random blocks after that - some of
> which I may not get credit for if lots of other people have generated the
same
> random blocks.  This has happened to me before.  I once got an e-mail from

A suggestion:

Set your client to auto-dial (menus 2, 6, 10, setting 1) and set your dial-up
connection properties to not "ask for information" on dial-up (this should
prevent the dialog box popping up asking for your password (assuming you have
the machine set to remember your dial-up password).

It would be worthwhile testing this method before leaving the machine for the
weekend! ;-)

Also, note, this is from memory, and without having done it myself, and also
assumes you're using Win98 (I not sure if WinNT/95 dialup allows you to set
the "ask for information" box). YMMV!!

Tara 'wan,
Ben.

|       Dr Ben Ketteridge: ben.ketteridge at proact.net, ObjectLab Group       |
|       ProAct International, PO Box 100, Denbigh. Tel: 01745 817161.       |
|      Web: http://www.lonparc.freeserve.co.uk/ http://www.proact.net/      |
|     European Anti-Spam Petition - http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/     |

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net