[RC5] Problem with buffer limmits.

Jon Back jonback at itexas.net
Tue Oct 26 22:19:40 EDT 1999

While I may be accused of being a Personal Proxy
cheerleader, it will solve your problem. If you
set up your own PProxy for your blazing Athlon to
feed from, it will hold 1000's of blocks. 80 to
100K is not a problem. Leave the RC5 clients as
simple as they can be.

> Are we going to do something about these buffer
limits anytime soon?

> I'm leaving for the weekend - My new Athlon 500
will run out of blocks in
> about 24 hours, and will crunch lots of random
blocks after that - some of
> which I may not get credit for if lots of other
people have generated the same
> random blocks.  This has happened to me
before.  I once got an e-mail from
> D.Net about it.  They seemed to think I was
spamming the keyserver - NOT!

> Haven't we proved yet that with faster and
faster CPU's, the block limits just
> plain don't make sense?  We should AT LEAST
double them for people with