[RC5] Blocks per OS

Jason Hartzell jason_hartzell at lvcm.com
Fri Oct 29 03:05:34 EDT 1999

I sent a few e-mails to d-net before the new stats server was put in, back when they were requesting features for the new stats box, and I asked for an OS breakdown by team and user. Thought it would be a cool stat, heck I would like to know where my blocks are coming from.. They already track OS based on the binary client that is running, which is fine. Unfortunately even the most basic OS stats have not been available since the move to the new stats box.
Unfortunately, at this point, before requesting new features in stats, I would like to see all of the old features return (team history, OS breakdown, etc.). I'm thinking maybe SETI will find life, or Windows 2000 will ship before that happens. (Harsh I know, oh well). I am not big on SQL but I have to assume that the table structure would make it difficult to make that stat available, or just too slow to be worth it. However it could possibly be that not enough
people care about that type of stat to raise interest with the d-net staffers.

Update binaries for BSD, that's funny. Don't you read ZD publications, if it's not Linux or Win32 its not an OS : )

Jason Hartzell
got sp0rk?
moo cow

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net