[RC5] MS Proxy configuration problem

John Inkson jinkson at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Sat Oct 30 10:12:42 EDT 1999

I had a similar problem and it seemed to be that authentication was an
issue, or perhaps not authentication directly but somehow the client
appeared to be stuffing up the password.  It would successfully connect the
first time then not work with any further connection attempts.

my temporary work around after a bit of experimentation was I created a user
account for the client, rc5des and made the password blank.  It's been
working successfully for a while now.

the security aspect of it isn't a real issue as it is my home network.