[RC5] What do we cracking?

Dan Oetting oetting at gldmutt.cr.usgs.gov
Mon Sep 27 16:31:50 EDT 1999

At 10:22 +0200 9/27/1999, Artur Prokopiuk wrote:
>Hi!
>Does someone know what look information that we cracking? Where is that
>endoded information?
>I've search d.net and RSA without success ...

The data for the RSA challenge is in:
http://www.rsa.com/rsalabs/97challenge/html/secret-key.html
We are currently working on the 5th challenge (Contest identifier:
RC5-32/12/8 ) we call it RC5-64 because the key is 64 bits.

In each of the RSA challenges a secret message is preceded by the 24 bytes
of text "The unknown message is: ". This messages was encrypted using a
random IV and random key to generate the cipher text for the challenge.

I assume this is the information you are looking for. If not, it would help
if you were more specific on what you need and what you are trying to do.

-- Dan Oetting <oetting at ghtmail.cr.usgs.gov>

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net