[RC5] Network: Failed to create network socket

MCP MCP at mindless.com
Mon Sep 27 14:45:24 EDT 1999

> From: Harri Johansson <harrij at kolumbus.fi>  Monday, September 27, 1999
4:19 AM

> Since upgrading to version 2.7112.444-CTR-99072212 of the win32 CLI from
> the latest GUI version I ran into trouble. When started the client
> complains "Network: Failed to create network socket" and it can't
> perform fetch or flush functions at all. I had no trouble with any of
> the earlier versions. I'm running the client on Win95 (4.00.950a with a
> number of MS patches).

I'm having the same problem here running on the Win95B OS.  The GUI client
runs fine, but the CLI version has the same network error.

At the moment, it's OK if I keep using the GUI, but I'm sure that
improvements
will be made to the CLI which might improve my keyrate or allow me to
participate in future efforts.

Mike

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net