[RC5] After RC5-64?

Sven sven at vip.br
Wed Sep 8 14:49:52 EDT 1999

Carl Johnstone wrote:

> > We have approx. completed 12% of the total keyspace. What will happen if
> > we find the correct key real soon? Is there a "backup project"?

I actually would like to know if we are testing keyspace front to back
ie, started at 1 and going on and on and on, untill the last key is
tested. Statistically we would probably find the solution quicker if
we'd test the keyspace in a random order.

If the correct key is the 1 before last, chances are much higher we find
it today if using random order then when checking int the correct order.

Sven

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net