[RC5] Problem with University computers for client

Bryan Talbot btalbot at ucsd.edu
Thu Sep 9 22:28:57 EDT 1999

Well if you gave the money to either the school or the state of Virginia
then it would technically not be a profit right?  After all, they're the
one's who paid for the computers and everything else (support, etc.) that
goes with that.  Any prize money would be far less than what they had spent
on the computer time.

The University I work for certainly doesn't have a problem making a profit
from their employees (I, like everyone else, had to sign over patent
rights, etc.) so why would they have a problem earning a little green from
their computer time?  Do they lease out supercomputer time to
corporations?  We do!

-Bryan

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net