[RC5] After RC5-64? (ECCS)

Einstein X. Mystery einstein at scn.org
Sun Sep 12 03:14:41 EDT 1999

Jon Nathan wrote:
> Also see http://www.certicom.ca/chal/
Once we finish the RC5-64, I think we should move on to the ECCS
challenges.

I think the security of the RC5 has been proven, for casual
communications at the least. We've spent 2 years on this so far, and
have (with bad luck) possibly 9 more to go.

After we get the money (me? we? probably 'you'), I would like to move on
to something else. And the elliptic curve cryptosystems look like a good
choice.
**        Hey, C|Net! This is my .sig! Don't print this part!       **
"When two tigers fight, one dies, and the other is crippled."
 - Chinese proverb

No matter how nice things get, at least somebody out there knows
competition isn't about fitness or personal growth or moral victory,
but about kicking somebody's ass.
  - suck.com  Jan 19, 1999

"Boy, if I was a woman with absolutely no intelligence or taste
 whatsoever, I'd be first in line to date him."
 - Travis L. Eberle

Anti-spam link - don't follow
http://e-scrub.com/spammers-are-leeches/index.htm

Einstein X. Mystery   einstein at scn.org  *:->  ICQ UIN 17112996
If you have a question, ask.    928/968? 959! (You're wrong, Tom.)
Still the only enlisted man ever to be in the LSpr-c
Do you know where your towel is?

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net