[RC5] Win32 CLI client VERY SLOW!

Tim tim at lmrgroup.com
Thu Sep 23 16:05:37 EDT 1999

I had been running a GUI client on win95 and recently discovered
that its no longer supported. No problem, I don't bother much over
the bells and whistles.

I do however bother over the fact that the new CLI client only runs at
1/3rd the speed of the GUI client!

When I reseached it I discovered the CLI client does not run when I
am not logged in. At least thats what the logfile says. So I now get
1/3 (one third) of my keyrate since I am only at my desk 1/3rd of
the time the computer is running. No problem I said, when I last
worked on RC5 stuff there was documentation all over the place, at
least for the GUI version. I went looking for the CLI version and I
find almost nothing. The FAQ's have some info on whats not
available and why. Things like the Moo and the logviewer (which I
don't use anyhow). I just want this thing to run, and run, and run,
and run ! I spoke to three other participants who all told me just to
run the old GUI version. I said OK. Then I saw the key rates on my
466. GUI ran 1,112,345 keys /sec, the CLI version (when its running
) runs at 1,325,655 keys/sec. I would not mind getting some more
speed.

Question, Can CLI run all the time ? It sure don't look like it.

Thanks,,, Tim

tim at lmrgroup.com

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net