[RC5] Why no 459 MacOS Beta?

Michael Nahrath subotnik at gmx.de
Sat Apr 29 04:04:00 EDT 2000

Robert A. Rosenberg <Bob.Rosenberg at digitscorp.com> schrieb am 24.04.2000
03:57:

> There have been statements that a newer MacOS client (with the
> Multitasking and Timesharing code from the old GUI versions) was
> ready and would be released so that the old speeds that were achieved
> by the GUI versions would once more be possible with the "common
> code" MacOS client.

There are enhacements, but I don't think they will base on the old code very
much.
It is more new new techniques developed by Apple, that improove the
client-speed. If I understood the developers right, the new
Multi-Processor-Library brings a lot of advantages for programming tasks
like the dnetc, even for single-processor Macs.

> Yet when April 20th came around with its new 459
> Betas, the MacOS 459 Beta was conspicuous by its absence.

There _is_ a 459 beta. Today there was a new build for the "internal circle"
of betatesters.
By now there is no public beta, but developement goes on.

Greeting, Michi
--
<http://nahrath.de/michael/>

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net