[RC5] ogr-25

Jeff Lawson jlawson at bovine.net
Sun Aug 6 07:43:42 EDT 2000

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Basil A. Daoust wrote:

> 	I guess I'm just silly but I though since org-24 stubs were 5
> distances that org-25 would break the stubs into 6.  But alas no and
> I've been on my first ogr-25 stub for 4 hours and still on the first
> tick.

Please see the my plan update for some of the details regarding these
larger stubs that were sent out.

http://n0cgi.distributed.net/cgi/dnet-finger.cgi?user=bovine

I've added a new FAQ entry and included the details from my plan and some
additional information that some users have personally asked me to clarify
at http://n0cgi.distributed.net/faq/index.cgi?file=231

> BTW, DNET what was the biggest stub?  I can't understand your charts.
>
> my largest so far seems to be 95,000,000,000. ogr-24
>                  smallest        314,000,000. org-24

On an artbirary single day, these were the ranges of nodecounts that were
encountered:  largest 137,484,096,855;  smallest 890,421;  median
5,711,387,097

The 3D distribution plots available at
http://www.distributed.net/statistics/ogr/ shows the variability of node
counts for any given stub.  The horizontal axes represent the first two
numbers in the stubs that are distributed, that is the "x" and "y" in
"25/x-y-?-?-?"; while the height of the plot represent the number of nodes
within the completed stub.

I've added this information to
http://n0cgi.distributed.net/faq/index.cgi?file=150

> Also a % completed in the form of stubs returned would be nice, even nicer
> if it was part of the graph.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to provide automated mechanisms for
computing the project percentages at this time, so the only completion
percentages that we can offer are those that will be occasionally posted
via plan file updates.  See the following link for more information:
http://n0cgi.distributed.net/faq/index.cgi?file=230

--
Jeff Lawson   http://www.bovine.net/  http://www.distributed.net/~bovine/
Jeffrey_Lawson at alumni.hmc.edu  jlawson at bovine.net  bovine at distributed.net