[RC5] ogr-25

Mark Hill HillMW at august-systems.co.uk
Tue Aug 8 14:46:05 EDT 2000

On 6 Aug 2000, at 6:43, Jeff Lawson wrote:

> Please see the my plan update for some of the details regarding these
> larger stubs that were sent out.
>
> http://n0cgi.distributed.net/cgi/dnet-finger.cgi?user=bovine
>
> I've added a new FAQ entry and included the details from my plan and some
> additional information that some users have personally asked me to clarify
> at http://n0cgi.distributed.net/faq/index.cgi?file=231

which says:

> For OGR-25, we've settled on distributing so-called "6-stubs".

IMO, these 6-stubs are still too big. Less than half of the PCs here
doing OGR have yet to return a work unit today, and it's 1335. One of
the PCs just returned a 420 Gnode work unit - it's got the fastest
processors in the building, and still took 28 hours to complete.
Several other 200+GN units have also come in today.

--
Mark Hill, Software Engineer
#include <std/disclaimer.h>

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net