[RC5] "hiding" the client (W32)

Chris Hessmann news at hessmann.de
Wed Dec 6 10:51:11 EST 2000

Hello list,

I'm looking for a way of hiding the client on Windows NT machines.
The best way I know is to install as a service and rename it.

The only problem is, I'm still able to see the name "dnetc.exe" in the
tasklist. Is there any way to rename this name?
Renaming the exe is not the right way, because the task-name is still
dnetc.exe. :(

Another good thing would be not to pause the client on taskmgr.exe,
but to stop it. But I could not find any switch for that, either?!? :(

Thanks for any help.

--
Best regards,
 Chris