[RC5] "hiding" the client (W32)

Arne Heizmann ajh65 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 6 16:59:29 EST 2000

Hi,

> > i wrote my own dos client using djgpp in pure c. i am curious how to
> > hide it in windows 98 se. i just want to run it without the dos window
> > and no task bar symbol. its okay if it shows up in the task list or
> > goofs up the cpu monitor. thanks.
> Then make a win32 client instead of a DOS one!

On my machine, the official DOS client is a lot faster than the official
Windows client, even when run under Windows and when the system is very
busy. I suppose he has similar reasons to want to make it a DOS one.

To hide the window, I suggest HideIT!, a freeware tool.
http://www.yo-soft.com/yo-soft/send.php3%c0%e0name=hideit.zip

Arne Heizmann

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net