[RC5] Windows client and pause while running defrag

Edwin ten Brink edwin at cam061311.student.utwente.nl
Thu Dec 28 11:59:52 EST 2000

> It's already there.
>
> From the main window choose 1 (general settings) then choose option 7 (pause
> if running).

I'm sorry, but you didn't understand my point fully. I don't want the client to _pause_ (since I prefer to
do so manually so I can turn off logging and checkpointing and keep working). I want to suspend _disk access_
and keep on working. Something like "suspend disk access if running". I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear.
Thank you for pointing out the 'pause client' option, though.

Regards,

Edwin

> On Wednesday 27 December 2000 03:29 pm, you wrote:
<snip>
> > have to restart that many times. Unfortunately, I'm using Norton Speed
> > Disk, so I guess it doesn't recognise it (I think, but it doesn't matter to
> > the point I'm trying to make).
> >
> > The client pauses because disk access causes the optimization programs to
> > restart.
> >
> > Wouldn't it be possible to solve both of these problems by adding a client
> > configuration option to specify the executable to check for (instead of
> > default defrag.exe), and to suspend only disk access (logging?,
> > checkpointing), except for buffer access and thus keep on working?
<snip>
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net