[RC5] Adverse effects of participation? - Yeah right...

Zorba the Hutt zorbathut at uswest.net
Wed Feb 2 17:44:10 EST 2000

You got it - Windoze doesn't :) WinNT does however. I've heard that there
are "idle-only" patches for Linux that will do exactly what you want -
however, you will no longer be running an official, uh, beta. (Geez. A
modified beta. Gotta love Linux.) A quick Google search reveals the
following: http://www.kernelnotes.org/patch/21-p0402.html Hope this is what
you're looking for . . .

-Zorba

> On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 06:38:51PM -0500, Zypher wrote:
> > True idling cuts the current to parts of the cpu, not running zeros.
This is