[RC5] Adverse effects of participation?

Michael Stouffs jack.stouffs at ties.itu.int
Sat Feb 12 04:26:11 EST 2000

> Suffice it to say that linearly exhausting the keyspace of any encryption
> algorithm is boring and useless, unless you really want to see what the
> message says, or there is a prize.  It's not like we're getting rich from
> the prizes on the contests, except for the short-term ones which are
> probably worth it.  rc5-64 is a waste of our time when we could be working
> on something more interesting.

What I find most disappointing is that such discussions come up once in a
while, but the d.net admins seem to just ignore them. It's a shame we have
such
a powerful network of computers at hand and use it on a senseless purpose.

If it's not the case, then tell us why not. I guess you have a certain
responsability towards us....

Michael

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net