[RC5] Experimenting

EnoJon enojon at delphi.com
Tue Feb 15 19:43:19 EST 2000

Actually, it's a very handy utility.  Esp when you bump the Kernel32
up to "realtime".  This is nothing new for WinNT users, but a lacking
tool on Win95-98.  Also, dnetc uses all available "idle" cycles, if
you run it at pri=9 and as a "normal" or "low" priority process, you
do not get a boost in keys/sec, but you do get more block throughput
(ie: more packets completed per hour of real time).

It's the old virtual cpu time vs. wallclock.  Even with a fully
loaded system, the dnetc client reports a steady benchmark rate, but
it can mean 32 mins vs 2 hrs to complete a 32*2^28 packet.  My average
keyrate has gone from a paltry 432K keys/sec to 500K+ keys/sec on a
Pent MMX 200.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net