[RC5] AMD core

Bruce Ford b.ford at qut.edu.au
Tue Feb 15 09:54:08 EST 2000

At 03:15 14/02/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Has anyone looked further into the AMD core optimisation as discussed in:
>http://lists.distributed.net/hypermail/rc5.Oct1999/0000.html
>It looked very promissing to me, but I'm afraid I have niether the
>programming skill, nor the time to look into it. If anyone shoud however
>know about some good literature about this subject, i would be glad to hear
>about it.

I have started some work on theoretical code.  The main changes to the
original idea is that I have decoupled the round 3 key expansion and
encryption phases and will attempt to do most of the encryption using MMX
instructions while the integer code does the key expansion for the next two
keys.  Originally I had MMX instructions doing part of round 1 of the key
expansion of the next two keys while the integer code finished it off.

Bruce Ford                                      b.ford at qut.edu.au
Projects Coordinator
Teaching and Learning Support Services          Ph: +61 7 3864 1178
Queensland University of Technology

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net