[RC5] Stats discrepancies

Jim C. Nasby jim at nasby.net
Wed Feb 16 11:11:19 EST 2000

Many people have been reporting missing blocks for yesterday's statsrun.
We experienced some problems with the master yesterday, so many blocks
didn't make it into yesterday's statsrun.

Please remember that our network does not operate in 'real time'... even
when everything is operating normally, it can take 30 minutes or more
for your blocks to hit the master. Additionally, proxies do occasionally
go down. Due to our redundancy, this doesn't affect the network overall,
nor does it result in lost work, but it does mean that blocks are
sometimes delayed for a few days. Because of this, please do not report
low block counts unless it happens for several days in a row. Of course,
you should always make sure that everything is set up correctly on your
machines... 99.99% of the low block reports that we deal with are either
delayed blocks, setup problems, or randoms/dupes. While we always love
to help our users out, time spent chasing configuration errors is time
not spent on putting new features into stats. };8)

Give your computer some brain-candy! www.distributed.net Team #1828

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net