[RC5] Experimenting

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Wed Feb 16 10:20:57 EST 2000

The Win9x thread scheduler is a lot weaker than the one in WinNT. That is, in WinNT, the client really does use almost all *available* CPU time, but in Win9x it does not, because of inefficiencies in the scheduler.

These utilities modify that scheduling to let the dnet client work a bit faster on Win9x. I'd say that they'd give at most a 10% boost in keyrate, though.

	-ryan-