[RC5] Experimenting

ENOJON at delphi.com ENOJON at delphi.com
Wed Feb 16 16:01:55 EST 2000

<<>It's the old virtual cpu time vs. wallclock.  Even with a fully
>loaded system, the dnetc client reports a steady benchmark rate, but
>it can mean 32 mins vs 2 hrs to complete a 32*2^28 packet.  My average
>keyrate has gone from a paltry 432K keys/sec to 500K+ keys/sec on a
>Pent MMX 200.

That's disturbing as the MMX core takes 463.25 clocks per key.

On a 200mhz it takes 8 hrs to complete 32*2^28, but it can be reduced
to about 6 using the ATM scheduler adjust.  32 vs. 2 hrs would be on
433mhz MII running Win9x.

Sorry to distrub.
er, disturb.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net