[RC5] OGR: 32 vs 64bit

Wren, Alan Alan.Wren at compaq.com
Fri Feb 18 10:48:43 EST 2000

At least on the alpha NT code it does not seem to be taking advantage of 64
bit processing.  On my PIII 500 I get about 2.7 Gnodes in benchmarking, and
on my Alpha 433 running NT I get about 2.1 Gnodes.  I was hoping it would
scream on the Alpha like the DES contest did, but it seems to run about the
same as an Intel box.

Maybe there are more optimizations to come? :)