[RC5] AMD core

EnoJon enojon at delphi.com
Sat Feb 19 14:19:52 EST 2000

>From what I've heard, the Athlon fpu allows more parallel i-decode and
execution than G4.  Although you share fpu's to accomplish MMX/3D-Now,
you have more fp engines at work.

G4 AV has 2(?) engines and separate fpu engines.

I wonder if it's possible to abuse the G4 fp engines for a little
integer work?  32 integer registers + 32 fp registers (integer work)
+ 32 AV banks.   I wonder...