[RC5] OGR Checkpointing?

Paul Benjamin pben at pobox.com
Mon Feb 21 00:21:05 EST 2000

I know from personal experience that check files work for OGR, at
least on the Win98 client.  You just have to set it up as described in
the help file.

-----

There is some good information in the FAQ for OGR at:

http://n0cgi.distributed.net/faq/cache/20.html

-----

I do have a suggestion.  My desktop PC can only do three or four OCRs
a day.  That is on a duel 500Mhz Celeron machine (7.39 Mnode/sec).  24
work units is far too large for a default buffer.  My poor notebook
will probably never complete it's 24 units.  It has been chewing on
one unit for a week with very little progress. I will sneaker net to
my desktop once I work the desktop's buffer down.

PBen

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net