[RC5] OGR stub sizes

Ben Ketteridge ben.ketteridge at proact.net
Tue Feb 22 09:09:34 EST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Lee" <steve at banoffee.demon.co.uk>
Subject: [RC5] OGR stub sizes

> The original OGR effort allowed you to specify the approximate stub size
> you wanted, and would give a start and end stub to check between.
Sounds good to me!

[snip]

> Since many of the comments here about OGR seem to be concerning the vast
> variability of work in apparently similar stubs, this type of thing appears
> to be needed. While it's true that we can't 'know' in advance how many
> nodes there are, a rough calculated estimate would be far far better than
> no information at all.
It may be too late to sort this out for OGR-24 - but since we're already at
least
13% through that, after about a week, then it shouldn't be too much of an
issue.
However, I do think that this should be sorted out before we begin working on
OGR-25! Given that the clients make work-duration/block size requests already,
this should only affect the keymaster? (correct me if I'm wrong)

Tara,
Ben.

| Dr Ben Ketteridge: ben.ketteridge at proact.net, ObjectLab Group |
| ProAct International, PO Box 100, Denbigh. Tel: 01745 817161. |
|"Never ask a man what sort of computer he drives. If he's a Mac|
| user he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?" - Tom Clancy |
European Anti-Spam Petition - http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net