[RC5] OGR percent done

Brandon Zaleiski zcii at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 22 17:05:04 EST 2000

>From: "Knut Pfefferkorn" <Knut.Pfefferkorn at KeyWarrior.net>
>Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:30:11 +0100
>
>On 20 Feb 00, at 19:56, Wilson, Bruce wrote:
> > *  Beta versions of the client that request stubs but are unable to
>process them.
>
>not only beta versions.
>As I have seen in the personal proxy logfile, every client greater
>than .444 has requested ogr-stubs. But they will never processed
>by that clients...

Which brings me to a question i have asked in the past but in never made it
to the list.

I have installed several of these clients on friends computers and computers
of clients with their approval hoping that when OGR started that they would
switch over and then back automatically to RC5 when OGR was done.  I do not
have the time, energy, access, nor recall to find these and update them.
>From my understanding these clients out there are downloading OGR nodes and
working delignantly on them and then they are returning to be dumped in the
garbage.

Is there anyway that d.net can block these clients from geting ogr blocks so
that they are force into doing rc5?? I hate to waste cpu cycles.  And from
now on i will put the clients i install on other peoples computers in rc5
only.

Which brings me to my next question: is there a plan to have support for
remote adminstration of clients or at least and auto update feature? (able
to be turned off of coarse)
On a broader scale what are the long term goals of D.net and long term plans
for the client??

Thank you for any insight....

Brandon Zaleiski
TriCor Tech Support