[RC5] OGR stub sizes

Martin Harvey martin at pergolesi.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 22 22:44:38 EST 2000

Ben Ketteridge wrote:

> It may be too late to sort this out for OGR-24 - but since we're already at
> least
> 13% through that, after about a week, then it shouldn't be too much of an
> issue.
> However, I do think that this should be sorted out before we begin working on
> OGR-25! Given that the clients make work-duration/block size requests already,
> this should only affect the keymaster? (correct me if I'm wrong)

I have a nasty suspicion that not knowing how hard a stub is is
intmately tied up with not knowing the solution. I suspect that in order
to work out exactly how large a stub is, you have to do the same amount
of work as you do to find the smallest ruler in it.

MH.

Martin Harvey. martin at pergolesi.demon.co.uk
     http://www.pergolesi.demon.co.uk

Although aircraft structural integrity may be compromised by
a g load in excess of 3.8gs, aircraft structural integrity is
more severely compromised by terrain impact.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net