[RC5] OGR percent done

Basil A. Daoust basildaoust at home.com
Thu Feb 24 01:05:48 EST 2000

> | I think the question was asking "what will OGR-25 be like,
> |given that OGR-24
> |takes time T_24?"
>
> It's not necessarily proportional, if that's what you mean.  OGR-25
> might actually be easier than OGR-24.  Or harder.  Can't say until we
> do it.

I don't buy it.  Sure we might find a shorter one sooner but if we need
to test all possible cases why would the intelligent exhaustive search be
quicker with fewer marks?  We know for sure that a marks + 1 ruler will
be longer than the marks ruler we just verified for sure.  Though I suppose
the space between say ogr 23 proven and ogr 24 best known could be more
than the proven shortest 24 and the best known 25.

Basil

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net