[RC5] OGR size labelling?

Jeff Lawson jlawson at bovine.net
Fri Feb 25 16:41:35 EST 2000

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Greg Andrews wrote:

> There has been a lot of complaints/disscussion regarding inaccurate
> percents on OGR stubs.  Isn't there a way that you could just attach some
> data to each stub basically saying how many nodes is has?  RC5 kind of does
> this, but i know that OGR stubs are extremely varied in size.

This issue is that even the servers do not accurately know how many nodes
are in a stub.  The percentage that the client displays is based upon the
worst case number of nodes that may be present within the stub. The number
of nodes that need to be evaluated are dependent upon the particular
algorithm (core) being used by the client (which although we currently
only have one deployed, there is potential for introducing alternate more
optimized ones later).

--
Jeff Lawson   http://www.bovine.net/   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~jlawson/
Jeffrey_Lawson at alumni.hmc.edu  jlawson at bovine.net  bovine at distributed.net