[RC5] [ADMIN] CSC Statistics

Mikko Vaananen mvaanane at ratol.fi
Tue Jan 4 04:43:04 EST 2000

hOn Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Basil A. Daoust wrote:

> I'm just a user, but would it not have made more sense to at least take a guess
> at how many blocks would be reissued prior to the project start and then report
> a truer indication of completion?

I agree with you, but it's very hard to determine the number of blocks to
re-issue (I think...)

> It seems odd that we have had to complete so much of the keyspace and yet we
> still have not found the key... depending on how much work reported is duplicate
> I would think the odds of being at 80% and not hit the key to be fairly low.

The percent of completition WILL grow greater than 100% because some
blocks will be re-tested by the suspicious users (people who have
hacked/cracked the client).

Anyway, I hope we will crack the CSC, and then the RC5 very soon...

Regards,
 Mikko