[RC5] [ADMIN] CSC Statistics

Andy Mucho andy at software-superstars.com
Tue Jan 4 10:53:52 EST 2000

[snip]

> It is distributed.net policy to give users credit for all legitimate
> work completed, regardless of whether it's virgin work or reassigned
> work.  Accordingly, the completed percentage showed on the statistics
> server represents both virgin and reissued work units, so it's
> possible that we go well beyond 100% completion.

This is going to be interesting :) There was me thinking, hey only 4 days to
go..
I'll start the betting that the key space will go to 127% ;)

So is it not possible for the Stats to figure how much work has been
duplicated, and give us a true figure of how much is *really* left to go..
Kind of:
 Key space "Out there allocated to users being worked on"
 Key space "Returned and verified"
 Duplicate key space out there

Or am I simply missing something fundamentally simple here?

Regards
AndyM

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net