[RC5] [ADMIN] CSC Statistics

Georg Fritsch a8804373 at unet.univie.ac.at
Thu Jan 6 02:01:08 EST 2000

Rob Butler wrote:

> In short, don't get too hung up on the %.  Our key can easily be the
> absolute last one.

Easily?
Picking once from 2^56 keys and getting the the correct one is far far
far from easy.

If we go far beyond 100% completion there must have been a HUGE amount
of fake blocks (or the clients are not working as planned). I'm
interested how many blocks have been reissued for verification reasons.

Ciao,
Georg

PS: Is the CSC key truly random? If not, there is the possibilty that
CSC has analyzed the way proxies hand out keys (=search the keyspace)
and selected by purpose a key that will not be found very fast...

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net