[RC5] [ADMIN] CSC Statistics

Robert A. Rosenberg bob.rosenberg at digitscorp.com
Wed Jan 5 14:40:26 EST 2000

At 04:43 AM 01/04/2000 +0200, Mikko Vaananen wrote:
>hOn Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Basil A. Daoust wrote:
>
> > I'm just a user, but would it not have made more sense to at least take
> a guess
> > at how many blocks would be reissued prior to the project start and
> then report
> > a truer indication of completion?
>
>I agree with you, but it's very hard to determine the number of blocks to
>re-issue (I think...)

The graph should show 3 figures:
    1) % of total space checked (do not double count dupes)
    2) % of total blocks issued that have not yet been returned (including
dupes and reissues)
    3) % of total space not yet issued (do not double count dupes)

100%-(1+2+3) should reflect the % of issued blocks that are dupes or
reissues. Once 3 goes to 0 then all the blocks have been issued at least
once and those in 2 should be reissued (hopefully in the order that they
were originally issued to give the original owner the chance to find the
good block before a reissued at random copy gets checked/returned).