[RC5] What happens when the key is found?

Rubinic, Dave F. david_rubinic at merck.com
Thu Jan 6 16:06:07 EST 2000

   Towards the end of the contest, 1.5 days is a really long time to be
holding on to blocks.  With a couple days to go, whenever I am connected
live I set the buffers to flush every block as its completed, and get small
blocks.  That way the possibility of someone duplicating the work and
slipping in the finished block before me is much smaller.  That runs about
every 10-15 minutes for me.
   If that's too much flushing, even every hour or so would be better.