[RC5] Request: Fetch by Units of Work

Basil A. Daoust basildaoust at home.com
Sat Jan 8 04:04:32 EST 2000

One solution is to set the packet size to 28 if you need less than 500
work units.  This will ensure you get at least what you requested.

Alternately why not just request say three times as many packets
as you think you will process in x hours.    That way if
your tied up, the machine will happy continue on.  And you did
say rc5 so no need to worry to much of stealing packets someone
else needed.

Just my 2 cents
   Basil