[RC5] [ADMIN] CSC Statistics

Doug Tabacco tabacco at california.com
Thu Jan 6 14:44:56 EST 2000

On Thu, 06 Jan 2000 02:01:08 +0100
 Georg Fritsch <a8804373 at unet.univie.ac.at> wrote:
> PS: Is the CSC key truly random? If not, there is the
> possibilty that
> CSC has analyzed the way proxies hand out keys (=search
> the keyspace)
> and selected by purpose a key that will not be found very
> fast...

First of all, CS had no way of knowing in what order we will test the keyspace because, to sum it up, nobody told them.  The key was chosen long before we started work on the project.

Besides, CS's goal with CSC is to prove how INadequate 56-bit CSC encryption is, so it would be to their advantage if we found it quickly.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net