[RC5] rate increase through soundcard?

Neill Smith neill at nrsmith.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Jan 9 09:57:59 EST 2000

This could be caused by a change in your drivers, which are essentially
programs, (but don't show in task manager). Alternatively if you changed
from ISA to PCI there is less CPU overhead accessing the PCI bus. Speaking
from personal experience I got a few extra FPS in games when I changed from
an ISA sound blaster clone to an sblive!, I didn't notice any significant
rc5 rate change though.

Neill Smith
neill at nrsmith.freeserve.co.uk