[RC5] CSC stats missing blocks

Jason Hartzell jhartzell at myrealbox.com
Fri Jan 14 21:12:08 EST 2000

>I thought that the "OOPS" notice about bad blocks being
>handed out (and handing out duplicate blocks as a check)
>said that anyone who turned in a block that was given them
>would get credit for it even if it were a recycle. Now you
>seem to be saying that reissues will not be credited
>unless you are the first to submit it as checked.

It was my understanding that clients would be given credit
for re-submitted blocks if those blocks were re-issued by
d.net for verification purposes. If the blocks are re-
issued because the keyspace has been exhausted and some
blocks were never returned by slow clients, then it's a
first client to turn it in gets credit. I have no idea how
they track that, but that's how I understood it.

jason

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net