[RC5] CSC stats missing blocks

David Taylor davidt at xfiles.nildram.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 23:03:43 EST 2000

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Robert A. Rosenberg wrote:

> I thought that the "OOPS" notice about bad blocks being handed out (and
> handing out duplicate blocks as a check) said that anyone who turned in a
> block that was given them would get credit for it even if it were a
> recycle. Now you seem to be saying that reissues will not be credited
> unless you are the first to submit it as checked.

You are confusing 'reissue' with 'recycle'.

A 'reissued' key is one which has been checked, and is reissued to another
client in an attempt to verify it was correctly processed.

A 'recycled' key is one which was issued, but not checked.  Once we run out
of unissued keys, any unchecked keys are issued again when clients (well,
proxies) request blocks.

reissued keys *are* credited. recycled keys are not.

Of course, that raises the question of recycled reissues.
--
David Taylor
dtaylor at nildram.co.spam.uk
PGP Key: pgp at xfiles.nildram.co.uk