[RC5] Testing problems

Claude.Saam at alcatel.fr Claude.Saam at alcatel.fr
Mon Jan 17 18:34:00 EST 2000

After the troubles with statsbox, after troubles with proxies, now come the troubles with the clients ... about 5 re-releases of the same client in 3 days , with clients released twice the same day ...
You guys at distributed.net, do you *test* you stuff once in a lifetime, or do you simply put things together and dump them on the web as soon as compile is successful ?

I am very angry because i have to maintain / update about 20 computers at different locations, and I just hate to do the work twice. If course i shoudl test myself, but i was trusting you since prior releases of the clients (v2.7x) hadn't so much troubles.
Now i think i'll wait and keep 2 or 3 generations of client away ...

I do agree you are not a company in the common sense of the term, and people working for dnet do it free and late at night, but you need user support to achieve work, and giving a bad image of yourself won't help you gain people from SETI ... Stop hurrying
and do the things *right*, that's all i am asking for.

Hope we will see less "sorry" in the next .plans ...

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net