[RC5] Sharing buffers with several platform clients

Mikko Vaananen mvaanane at ratol.fi
Thu Jan 20 22:53:25 EST 2000

Hi,

I'm running Windows2000 and Linux in a single computer and I'm sharing
same buffers between both windows and linux clients.
When I've ran the client in Windows and boot the computer to Linux, the
Linux client says: 'Packet was from a client with another cpu/os/build'.

Does this mean that Linux client is unable to handle unfinished packets
which were started in another platform? (this happens also visa versa...)
I thought that buffer file format was independed on client platform...

Another question: what happens to packets that client can't handle?

Br,
 Mikko

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net