[RC5] dnetc from xscreensaver

Oyvind Antonsen oyvindan at online.no
Sat Jan 22 11:13:24 EST 2000

Hello chicks,

fredag, 21. januar 2000, you wrote:

ccn> Has anyone gotten the DNET client working under linux so that it comes on
ccn> when the xscreensaver is activated?  My friend wants to run it, but she
ccn> has to shut it down every time she wants to play Quake 3.  :-)  I don't
ccn> mind doing it on mine, but she won't futz with it.

Why shut it down to play Quake 3??? I don't do it on my Win 98 box,
and running timedemo tests with and without the client running in the
background shows little or no impact on framerate. The client detects
that q3 wants all the cpu and idles, so you wont notice it's there!

Best regards,
 Oyvind                            mailto:oyvindan at online.no

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net