[RC5] Suggestion for client icon

Alex Bischoff abischof at vt.edu
Mon Jan 24 01:45:52 EST 2000

At 07:18 PM 1-20-2000 , you wrote:
>From time to time I pause the dnet client - typically, when I'm about to run
>some speech-recognition software, during which time I don't want anything
>running, even at lowest priority. My problem is, sometimes when I am

Out of curiosity, why not just leave the client running? At the idle
process level, the client will only use CPU cycles that would not be used
otherwise (even to the point of the client completely halting itself).

As a point of interest, I've even run CPU benchmarks on my machine, both
with and without the client running, and I get the same results :).

  Alex Bischoff, KB3BZG
 mailto:abischof at vt.edu             http://www.vt.edu:10021/A/abischof/
export-a-crypto-system-sig RSA-2-lines-PERL
Proof That There Is Strength In Numbers --> http://www.distributed.net/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net