[RC5] Remote buffers from command line

Mark Hill HillMW at august-systems.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 15:24:31 EST 2000

Hi

Sometime ago, in the pre-8000 clients, it was possible to make the
client use remote buffer files from the command line. This was with
the "-in" and "-out" switches. I used to use the win32 client to
update the buffer files of a dos client over the network, entering
the paths as UNC paths.

However, with the latest 8005 client, this no longer works. The "-in"
and "-out" options have gone and have been replaced with "-inbase"
and "-outbase". Problem is, these options don't like UNC pathnames
and the client does nothing when it's run with them.

Is there any other way to make a client use remote buffers from the
command line (so it can be scripted to do several machines)? I've had
to revert to the less satisfactory (and somewhat error-prone) method
of copying the buffers files locally, updating them, and copying them
back.

--
Mark Hill, Software Engineer
#include <std\disclaimer.h>