[RC5] defrag

Gunny gunny at dma.be
Mon Jan 24 20:49:25 EST 2000

Hello,

I haven't noticed this improvement, and I'm glad they included it. Once I
forgot to stop the client when starting a defrag and it restarted at 20% -
all night long.

My point is: better to stop, defrag and restart than to have defrag running
too long than necessary (taking CPU-cycles and not finishing at all)!

Off-topic: didn't I read and advice somewhere that it was better to stop all
unnecessary programs for cd-burning? Or does this info dates from the
486-period?

Best Regards,
Gunny

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net